Note: The content and layout of this Cat-A version of Module 12, Helicopter Structures and Systems is provided by TEC Aviation Academy of Copenhagen, Denmark. It is unlike the others in the ATB Part 66 series as it is presented in a landscape format, and is written more as a powerpoint presentation than a regular textbook.
Our own B1.3 / B1.4 version of Module 12 is offered below and is prepared in the standard ATB format.
This approved Cat-A book (by Denmark CAA for TEC) will serve both EASA Cat-A programs and FAA Part 147 schools as well as experienced technicians wishing a greater understanding of the structures and systems of simple to complex helicopters.
As prescribed in Part 66 Appendix 1, the topics are divided in 19 sections:
- Rotary Wing Aerodynamics (L1)
- Flight Control Systems (L1)
- Blade Tracking and Vibration Analysis(L1)
- Transmissions (L1)
- Airframe Systems (L1/2)
- Air Conditioning ATA 21 (L1)
- Instruments / Avionics Systems ATA-22, 23, 31, 34 (L1)
- Electrical Power ATA-24 (L1)
- Equipment and Furnishings ATA-25 (L1)
- Fire Protection ATA-26(L1)
- Fuel Systems ATA 28 (L1)
- Hydraulic Systems ATA 29 (L1)
- Ice and Rain Protection ATA 30 (L1)
- Landing Gear ATA 32 (L2)
- Lights ATA 33 (L2)
- Pneumatic and Vacuum Systems ATA 36 (L1)
- Integrated Modular Avionics ATA-42 (L1)
- On Board Maintenance Systems ATA-45 (L1)
- Information Systems ATA-46 (L1)