Note: The content and layout of this Cat-A version of Module 12, Helicopter Structures and Systems is provided by TEC Aviation Academy of Copenhagen, Denmark. It is unlike the others in the ATB Part 66 series as it is presented in a landscape format, and is written more as a powerpoint presentation than a regular textbook.
Our own B1.3 / B1.4 version of Module 12 is offered below and is prepared in the standard ATB format.
This approved Cat-A book (by Denmark CAA for TEC) will serve both EASA Cat-A programs and FAA Part 147 schools as well as experienced technicians wishing a greater understanding of the structures and systems of simple to complex helicopters.
As prescribed in Part 66 Appendix 1, the topics are divided in 19 sections:
- Rotary Wing Aerodynamics (L1)
- Flight Control Systems (L1)
- Blade Tracking and Vibration Analysis(L1)
- Transmissions (L1)
- Airframe Systems (L1/2)
- Air Conditioning ATA 21 (L1)
- Instruments / Avionics Systems ATA-22, 23, 31, 34 (L1)
- Electrical Power ATA-24 (L1)
- Equipment and Furnishings ATA-25 (L1)
- Fire Protection ATA-26(L1)
- Fuel Systems ATA 28 (L1)
- Hydraulic Systems ATA 29 (L1)
- Ice and Rain Protection ATA 30 (L1)
- Landing Gear ATA 32 (L2)
- Lights ATA 33 (L2)
- Pneumatic and Vacuum Systems ATA 36 (L1)
- Integrated Modular Avionics ATA-42 (L1)
- On Board Maintenance Systems ATA-45 (L1)
- Information Systems ATA-46 (L1)
How To Get And Use Your eBook
When you order an eBook, whether Unsecure or Secure, you will receive an email confirmation containing the purchase details and eBook file. If you have a Secure eBook, you will receive a second email with your eBook viewer and license from email@example.com If you do not receive this email within a couple of minutes, first check your spam folder. If you can’t find the email give us a call (970.726.5111) or send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) we are more than happy to help. Once you receive the email, follow the easy install instructions below or visit our FAQ page.
Secured eBooks are offered through a system called Safeguard Viewer which makes protected eBooks easier to read and view. The Safeguard Viewer application is compatible with Windows, Android, macOS and iOS devices. Visit this LINK to get the Safeguard Viewer application. The Safeguard Viewer PDC files include all the familiar features found in standard PDFs. Our eBooks are authorized to use on up to six (6) supported devices. Your files are authorized to you and can be viewed online or offline. Secured PDCs may be used on any device that supports the Safeguard Viewer application The download process is three (3) easy steps:
- Install the Safeguard Viewer application found in your second email from email@example.com
- Download your license from that same second email. Note: A license is only needed once, if you lost your license, or change emails address, send us your email and order number and we will resend your license to download right away. Also, you will need to be online the first time you open your eBook, so your license can be authorized.)
- Open and enjoy your new eBooks and experience. Please let us know if you have any issues-anytime! firstname.lastname@example.org
If the eBook is Unsecured, it is a standard PDF viewable by any PDF reader application. In the event you don’t have a default PDF reader, visit https://get.adobe.com/reader to get a FREE PDF reader. Unsecured PDFs have no restrictions and may be used on any device that supports PDFs.
Secure (PDC) or Unsecure (PDF) eBooks?
Whether a title is Secure or Unsecured is the decision of the book(s) author. We do not give permission to unlock any Secure file(s) for any reason. Secure files are viewable with our Safeguard Viewer application which can be installed on any Windows, Android, macOS or iOS device. Visit this LINK to get the Safeguard Viewer app.
Type: Secure eBook (PDF)
Printing: Yes; Up to One Copy
Copy/Paste: Not Allowed
Offline Access: Yes
Compatibility: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android